- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thick
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup chicken or fish stock
- ½ cup of fresh peas
- 4 swordfish steaks, about 5 to 6 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In large saucepan pour the oil and add the red pepper flakes and stir, while cooking over medium high heat. Add the garlic, reduce the heat to medium, stir one minute.
- Now add the onion and cook two more minutes. Add the parsley and basil stir thoroughly and cook for one more minute.
- Increase the heat to medium high add the wine and stir well, continue cooking until the wine has reduced by half, about two minutes.
- Lower the heat back to medium and add the tomato sauce, stock and stir for one more minute. Now add the peas and bring the sauce to a boil then reduce and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- While the sauce finishes cooking, prepare the swordfish steak.
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan and cook over medium high heat until it starts to sizzle.
- Season the swordfish steak with salt and pepper on both sides then add the fish to the pan immediately reducing the heat to medium and cook each side of the swordfish steak for two and a half to three minutes per side.
- Serve the fish in individual servings by plating the sauce at the bottom of each serving dish and place the swordfish steak on top of it.