Serves: 4 people
For the Marsala:
- 4 thin cut chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms – Cremini or baby portobella
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- When you buy the chicken cutlets make sure that they are thin or you may have to pound them with a mallet.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper as desired.
- Dredge the chicken in flour on both sides. Shake off any excess flour.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan; Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to the pan and the garlic. Let the garlic turn golden.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan.
- Saute the mushrooms in pan then add chicken broth and Marsala wine. Let the Marsala reduce.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add 1 teaspoon of flour to further thicken the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pan, turning to coat well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.