By: Antonella Bonesse, ISDA Contributor
Nutella 3/4 cup
Flour 1/2 cup
1 medium egg
Nutella 1/2 cup
Chopped hazelnuts 1/4 cup
- To prepare Nutellotti cookies, place 3/4 cup of Nutella in a bowl and mix with hand mixer. Add 1 medium egg. Mix for 2 minutes so as to mix all the ingredients well, then add 1/2 cup flour. Mix everything with a spatula until a smooth dough mixture is obtained.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator to rest for at least 15-20 minutes covered with plastic wrap. Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and with your hands, form balls weighing 15g each, which you are going to place on a baking tray lined with a sheet of baking paper. You should have around 25 cookie dough balls.
- Use your fingers to flatten the center of each piece, so as to create a cavity. Put the Nutella in a pastry bag and stuff the nutellotti, making a small tuft in the center of each one.
- Once all the cookies are stuffed, finish off by sprinkling the hazelnuts on top. Cook in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
- When they are ready (the cookies will be rather soft), put them to cool on a wire rack; finally you can serve your Nutellotti!
Click here to order Antonella’s Italian Classic Cookies