By: Angela Allison, This Delicious House
Made with Amaretto and almond flour, these simple cookies are a perfect treat anytime of the year.
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour and sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar until they hold soft peaks. Whisk in the amaretto and almond extract to just combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and use a spoon to stir until all ingredients are combined and a dough forms.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out 1-inch balls of the dough. Use your hands to roll the dough into a ball shape. Then roll the ball in powdered sugar just to coat. Place the cookie on the baking sheet leaving about an inch and a half between each cookie.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are lightly golden and the tops of the cookies start to crack. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
These delicious cookies can be made ahead and kept in an airtight container at room temperature for four days. You can freeze in an airtight container for up to a month.