By: Rossella Rago, Cooking With Nonna
- 3 Tablespoons Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Small Carrots cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 Medium Onion cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 Celery Stalk cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 8 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1-19 oz Can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Botticelli Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Head of Escarole, ends trimmed and cut into 1 inch strips
- Salt and Black Pepper as desired
- 1/2 Pound Botticelli Elbow Pasta
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Put a large stock pot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the carrots, onions and celery to the pan and saute until softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the broth, beans and tomatoes to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the escarole and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the pasta into the pot and cook until al dente. Serve in warm bowls with crusty bread and a sprinkle of parmigiano reggiano cheese.
Yield: Serves 6-8