By: Rossella Rago, Cooking with Nonna
For 1 Batch
For the Cream:
- 1 1/2 pounds Impastata (see note below if you do not have Impastata)
- 9 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Watch Rossella’s how-to video here:
- Mix the Impastata with the sugar.
- Pass the entire content through a sieve so that you obtain a very creamy and velvety mix.
- Add the vanilla extract, the cinnamon and the orange extract. Mix well.
- You now have a simple and delicious Ricotta cream ready to be used.
- Optionally you can also add mini-chocolate chips or candied fruit.
PS: If you cannot find Ricotta Impastata, you can use regular Ricotta, but you need to drain some water from it before you can use it. You can do this by putting the Ricotta in cheesecloth for two days and let it drain. The Ricotta must remain in the refrigerator for this two-day period.