Prep time: 15 min. — Marinating and Chill time: 4 hrs. 30 min. — Total time: 4 hrs. 45 min.
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 basil leaves, juilienned
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the strawberries with the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Let the strawberries marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- To a blender, add the strawberries and their juices, the lemon juice and water. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds or until pureed smooth. Add the basil leaves and pulse just a few times, so you can still see tiny pieces of basil.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and place in freezer. After about 1 hours, or when the pops are partially frozen, insert sticks. Freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.
I use a Norpro Popsicle Mold from Target. HERE is the link.
The amount of popsicles will depend on your mold. My mold made seven popsicles.
When you add the basil to the strawberry mixture, just pulse a few times, so you’ll still see small pieces of the basil in the popsicle.
I found 2/3 cup of sugar for this recipe was perfect because the strawberries were already nice and sweet. Taste test as you go along, and if you feel you need more add some.