By: Angela Allison, This Delicious House
For the crust:
- 10 ounces Amaretti cookies (about two cups crushed)
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the filling:
- Two 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- Two 8 ounce containers mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Amaretto Liqueur
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
For the topping:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto Liqueur
- Amaretti cookies for decorating
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Pulse the amaretti cookies to a fine crumb in a food processor. Add the melted butter and sugar and pulse until combined and mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour the crust mixture into the springform pan. Use your hands to press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the pan, coming about an inch or so up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In a stand up mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Amaretto Liqueur and cornstarch until no lumps remain. Pour the amaretto mixture into the cheesecake batter along with the vanilla and salt; beat on medium speed until just combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until just combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the the springform pan and gently tap the pan on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles. Place the pan on a baking sheet and place on the middle baking rack in the oven.
- Bake for about an hour, or until the sides of the cheesecake are set. Note that the center will still be slightly jiggly.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Run a knife around the edge of the pan before releasing the collar. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. (You can add the sour cream topping before chilling if desired).
- To make the topping, whisk together the sour cream, sugar, and Amaretto Liqueur until all of the sugar has dissolved. Spread over the chilled cheesecake and sprinkle on crushed amaretti cookies.
9-inch springform pan
This recipe can be made up to three days in advance. Just cover and refrigerate. Add the crushed amaretti cookies before serving. And, for a full pictorial rundown of the recipe, please click here.