By: Rossella Rago, Cooking with Nonna
For 10 people
For the Mix:
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup 00 flour or all-purpose flour
- 2 cups custard cream (see below for link)
- Alkermes liqueur, or Aperol. Or, a mix of Grenadine and Rum, or other red liquids that you prefer
- Leaves for decorations
- Get The Mold Here
- Pre-heat the oven at 350F.
- In a stand mixer add the eggs and sugar. Mix for about 15 minutes or until ribbons form.
- Add the baking powder and the flour, and mix well.
- Take a Half Ball Silicone baking mold and fill each half ball with the mix (about 1/4 cup). Fill until 1/2 from the top.
- Bake the mix for about 18 mins.
- Let the half balls cool off.
- Take each half ball and cut the top. Carve the center of each half ball about 3/4 inch.
- Fill each half ball with a generous amount of custard cream. Get the Custard Cream recipe HERE!
- Attach two half balls to form a ball with a little cream coming out from all sides.
- Dip each ball in the Alkermes.
- Sprinkle some sugar all over the peaches and garnish with leaves.