By: Chef Rossella Rago, Cooking with Nonna
Serves: 4 people
For the Artichokes:
- 8 medium-sized artichokes
- 1 pound plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 pound grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Cheese
- 2 Cloves finely chopped garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Clean the artichokes by removing the harder outer leaves, and cutting the stem and the top part of the leaves as they may have thorns.
- Wash and drain the artichokes well.
- In a saute` pan put the bread crumbs and the garlic. Saute` until the bread crumbs are lightly golden. Let it cool off.
- Add to the bread crumbs the finely chopped parsley, salt & pepper as desired, a bit more finely chopped garlic, the grated cheese and some olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients very well until the oil is evenly absorbed.
- Take each artichoke, open the leaves as much as you can and insert among the leaves the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the artichokes in an oven pan and add 1 1/2 inches of water.
- Place the pan on the stove and cook for 15 mins.
- Finish off by putting the pan in the oven for 15 more mins. at 400 F.