By: Chef Rossella Rago
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound Lagane (Mafaldine) pasta
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 pound anchovies
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Toast the bread crumbs by putting 3 Tbs of EV olive oil in a saute` pan and adding the bread crumbs.
- Continuously stir the bread crumbs with a wooden spoon until bread crumbs turn golden-light brown. Put aside for later.
- Boil the Mafaldine pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large saute` pan add 1/2 cup of EV olive oil.
- Cut the anchovies into small pieces.
- When the oil is very hot, add the anchovies to the hot oil, stir the anchovies for 10 seconds and then add 1 cup of pasta water. BE CAREFUL with this step. We suggest that you use a larger than usual saute` pan as there may be some splashing especially when you add the anchovies to the hot oil.
- Drain the pasta and add the hot oil as condiment. Stir well.
- Serve the pasta and garnish with a generous dose of toasted bread crumbs and a sprinkle of fresh black pepper.