All the delicious ingredients that are typically stuffed inside a pork or beef cut now go straight into a meatball center.
Pour homemade sauce on top and serve them up at this weekend's holiday barbecue—Happy Fourth of July!
- Ground beef
- Ground sausage
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Dried oregano
- Olive oil
- 2 slices each of Italian cold cuts of choice, cubed (soppressata, capicola, salami, prosciutto, ham. Any or all.)
- 2 slices of provolone, cubed
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- Minced parsley (optional)
- Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Make the meatballs: mix together all the ingredients until thoroughly combined. Grab a knob of meat mixture, about 3 tablespoons. Flatten it in your palm and add a few pieces of chopped cold cuts, provolone and a bit of hard boiled egg. Pinch it closed and roll into a ball. Repeat with all six.
Fry in a pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil until brown on all sides, about 3 minutes. Finish in the oven for 7 minutes or until cooked throughly. Serve with showered parmesan and parsley or homemade tomato sauce.