Italian Sons and Daughters of America (ISDA) is making history with its dramatic growth.
Hundreds of delegates gathered in Buffalo, N.Y. at ISDA’s Biennial Convention last week, and were the first to hear the news:
- National President Basil Russo unveiled plans for three lodges — one in New York City and two in New Jersey — that will become new cornerstones of Italian-American influence on the nation’s East Coast.
- The NYC lodge will be headed by John Viola, the former President and COO of the National Italian American Foundation in Washington D.C. The lodge’s Vice President, Dolores Alfieri, is Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Director of Italian American Affairs for the State of New York.
- In four years, ISDA assets have grown from $67 million to $113 million under Russo’s leadership, who was unanimously reelected President this past week.
- ISDA’s staff has also grown from a handful to hundreds as it now controls the largest Italian American insurance, annuity, and IRA company in the U.S.
- Launched in July 2015, the ISDA website — a world class digital hub that champions Italian-American history and culture — now attracts more than 75,000 visitors each month, and has amassed more than 530,000 Facebook followers, making www.orderisda.org the most prominent Italian American website in the country.