The following recipe was published on allrecipes.com.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups stale Italian bread, crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup olive oil
1. Combine beef, veal, and pork in a large bowl. Add garlic, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
2. Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture. Slowly add the water 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. (I usually use about 1-1/4 cups of water). Shape into meatballs.
3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Fry meatballs in batches. When the meatball is very brown and slightly crisp remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel. (If your mixture is too wet, cover the meatballs while they are cooking so that they hold their shape better.)
Prep time: 30 min.
Cook time: 20 min.
Ready in: 50 min.
Like us on Facebook to receive more food & wine, entertainment and culture news.