- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 basil sprigs, plus leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until almost al dente, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook until the pasta is al dente and the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes longer. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a very large skillet, melt the butter with the basil sprigs over moderate heat. Add the pasta and asparagus, the 1/4 cup of cheese and 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Cook over moderate heat, tossing, until the pasta is coated in a light sauce, 3 to 5 minutes; add more of the cooking water if needed. Season the pasta generously with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the crab and cook until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Discard the basil sprigs. Garnish with basil leaves and serve, passing more cheese at the table.
Active time: 30 min.
Servings: 4 to 6
Like us on Facebook to receive more food & wine, entertainment and culture news.