The following recipe was published by People Magazine.
- 1-½ lbs. fresh Italian sausage with fennel
- 12 oz. uncooked fusilli or rotini pasta
- 2 (12-oz.) cans evaporated milk
- 14 oz. taleggio cheese, cut into 1-in. pieces
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 ½ oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-in. pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Roast sausages in a 13×9-inch baking dish until cooked through and slightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove sausages from baking dish to a cutting board, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
2. While sausages roast, cook pasta in a large saucepan according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Cut sausages into 1⁄ 2-inch pieces.
4. Pour evaporated milk into saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium. Add taleggio in batches, stirring until melted and smooth after each addition. Stir in salt, pepper, sliced sausages and pasta.
5. Pour pasta mixture into same baking dish. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella on top of pasta mixture. Bake in oven until sauce is bubbling and mozzarella is melted and browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Like us on Facebook to receive more sports, entertainment and food & wine news.