- 2 Eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch thick round slices, you will need 21 slices total
- Botticelli Olive Oil for frying
- 1 Jar Botticelli Marinara Sauce
- 1 Cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- Put a large saute pan over a medium-high flame and heat the olive oil. Fry the eggplant slices in batches until slightly browned, about 2-3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- In another large saute pan with a lid add about half the sauce to the bottom. Add a layer of eggplant slices to the pan and spoon a bit of sauce over each slice. Top with a bit of mozzarella and a teaspoon of parmigiano cheese. Repeat twice more. Cover the pan and cook over low flame for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve.
Yield: Serves 6-7