- 1-12 oz Jar Botticelli Fire Roasted Red Peppers with juices
- 1 Small Onion cut in half
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Heavy cream
- Salt as desired
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 Pound Botticelli Rigatoni
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Add the peppers, onion and garlic cloves to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Put a large saute pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the red pepper flakes and the pureed peppers and basil. Bring to a boil and stir in the heavy cream.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and drop in the rigatoni. Cook until al dente. Drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes over a medium flame. Remove from heat and stir in the parmigiano, allowing the residual heat from the pan to melt the cheese. Serve in warm bowls with an extra sprinkle of parmigiano cheese.
Yield: Serves 4-6