The following recipe, created by Dawn Perry, appears on bonappetit.com.
- 6 oz. country-style bread, torn into bite-size pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves with tender stems
- ½ cup green olives, pitted, halved
- 3 oz. aged sheep’s-milk cheese (such as Manchego), shaved
- 3 oz. hard salami, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss bread with lemon zest and ¼ cup oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Bake, tossing occasionally, until crisp on the outside but still chewy in the center, 8–10 minutes. Let cool.
- Whisk shallot, lemon juice, vinegar, and oregano in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in remaining ¼ cup oil.
- Add radicchio, fennel, parsley, olives, cheese, salami, and bread to dressing; toss to combine.
DO AHEAD: Salad can be dressed the night before. Cover and chill.
Like us on Facebook to receive more food & wine, entertainment and travel news.