- Peel and core the pear. Cut it into 6 to 8 wedges (depending on the size of the pear). Cut the prosciutto into strips (enough that you have 1 strip per pear wedge), and wrap each piece of pear with a strip of prosciutto. Place on a small rack over a sheet pan.
- Heat the broiler in your oven and place the rack close to the element. Broil the pears for 2 to 4 minutes, until the prosciutto is beginning to crisp up. Turn the pear wedges over and broil the other side for another couple of minutes.
Instructions for the Drizzle:
- The Balsamic Candy Drizzle can be made a few hours in advance and slightly rewarmed right before adding to the salad.
- Add all three ingredients to a small pan and bring to a soft boil.
- Whisk vigorously once at a boil and reduce to medium-low heat.
- Continue to whisk often as the sauce reduces to half its original amount. Taste along the way and add a little extra sugar if you’d like. The reduction process may take a half hour or more.
- Be patient, it’s worth the time.
Presentation for Serving:
- These can be served warm or at room temperature. Just before serving, drizzle with a few drops of the aged balsamic vinegar or the Balsamic Candied Drizzle. If using, add a little crumbled blue cheese on top of the balsamic.
Like us on Facebook to receive more food & wine, travel and entertainment news.