- 3 Tablespoons Botticelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Carrots cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 Small Onion cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 Celery Stalk cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Pound Meatloaf Mix, Veal, Pork and Beef
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1-28 oz Can Botticelli Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Pound Botticelli Penne
- Put a stock pot with a lid or a dutch oven over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the carrots, onions, celery and rosemary to the pot and cook until softened, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the meat to the pan and cook until fully browned, about 5-7 minutes. Add the red wine to the pot and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes. Lower the flame and cover. Simmer for 35-40 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Taste for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add the milk and butter to the pot. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop in the penne and cook until al dente. Drain and add to the pot with the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes over a medium flame. Serve in warm bowls with plenty of grated parmigiano cheese.
Yield: Serves 4-6