(Editor’s note: Sarah Maranto and Concetta Maranto Skenfield — a mother-daughter pair of ISDA readers — recently created a Facebook page, A Taste of Sicily, to highlight their most flavorful family recipes. The featured pasta recipe below will also be included in an upcoming cookbook of theirs, due out soon. Want to get one of your coveted family recipes published on our site? Submit them to email@example.com today!)
- 12 large ripe tomatoes
- 12 fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ pound uncooked spaghetti
- Peel and chop the tomatoes. In a large bowl, mash the chopped tomatoes until juice is abundant.
- Mix the tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Stir well and let the flavors blend together for about 30 minutes or longer.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water. When cooked to al dente, drain most of the water, immediately toss the fresh tomato mixture with the pasta and serve.
Like us on Facebook to receive more food & wine, entertainment and culture news.