The following recipe appears on Tastemade.com.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed in 1-inch squares
- 3 (8-ounce) bags store-bought pizza dough
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
- Parsley, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan
— Tastemade (@tastemade) May 18, 2018
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, garlic, oregano, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, egg, olive oil, salt and pepper. Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place a cube of mozzarella cheese in the center of each.
- Separate each pizza dough into 4 pieces. In the center of each, add a meatball and top with a spoonful of marinara sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella. Wrap dough around filling, and arrange dough balls in a cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella, parsley and Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown. Pull apart and enjoy.
Click here for more Tastemade recipes.