The following recipe, prepared by Kim Knight Hamburg, appears on TasteofHome.com.
My father shared this recipe with me, and I use it when I need a hearty, healthy meal. It’s my sons’ favorite. Loaded with sausage, chicken, beans and spinach, the quick soup is nice for special occasions, too.
- 1 pound Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
Click here for the full recipe.