Italian Chefs Show the World how to Make Spaghetti Bolognese
While the dish has been a staple for millions of diners around the world for decades, Italians claimed the original recipe has become so corrupted it is in urgent need of culinary rescue. Here is an authentic recipe, approved by Italian chefs, for traditional spaghetti bolognese.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 rashers of streaky ‘pancetta’ bacon, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- Stick of celery
- 1kg lean minced beef
- 2 large glasses of red wine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 fresh or dried bay leaves salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 800g-1kg dried tagliatelle
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Like us on Facebook to receive more food & wine, travel and entertainment news.