The following recipe, created by Lidia Bastianich, appears on Once Upon a Plate.
Chicken Cacciatore (Pollo alla Cacciatore)
- 2 free range chickens, 1-1/2 to 2 pounds each
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Flour for dredging
- 1 jar Lidia’s marinara sauce
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced (champignon or shiitake)
- 2 cups of yellow and red peppers, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano (Sicilian, on a stem)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the full recipes, click here.
Join Sunday Supper, OrderISDA’s weekly e-newsletter, for the latest serving of all things Italian.
Make the pledge and become a member of Italian Sons of Daughters of America today!