Sparkling Italian Lemonade
- 1 bunch fresh basil, washed and stemmed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups lemon juice, from about 12 to 15 lemons
- 2 cups cold sparkling water
- To make the syrup, combine the basil, sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan. Simmer and stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cool and strain. Set aside or store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Mix the lemon juice, the basil syrup and sparkling water together in a pitcher. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Pour over glasses filled with ice.
Note: Stiffen up this virgin cocktail with 3-1/2 ounces of vodka.
Source: seeded at the TABLE
Fresh Spritz of Bel Air
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 1-1/2 ounces strawberry-infused Byrrh
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce soda (to fill)
- Dried grapefruit
- Edible flowers
- Add first four ingredients to a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Top with soda and garnish.
Source: The Globe and Mail
- 1 ounce puréed strawberries
- 3 ounces chilled prosecco
- 1 fresh strawberry, sliced, to garnish
- Pour strawberry purée into a chilled champagne glass, and top with prosecco.
- Garnish glass with fresh strawberry.