The following recipe was published on Food.com.
- 1-1⁄2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 pound Italian sausage, or 1⁄2 pound ground veal
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 14-1⁄2 ounce cans whole tomatoes—undrained and chopped (or canned chopped tomatoes)
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12-15 lasagna noodles
- Brown ground meat, onion and garlic.
- Add salt, ground pepper, parsley flakes, dried oregano, dried basil, chopped tomatoes with juice; stirring until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour (or longer, but watch to avoid overcooking).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Spray a 13″ x 9″ baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, parmesan cheese and ½ pound of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
- Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese; make sure to cover noodles completely.
- Bake at 375°F for 40-60 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted. (I cover w/ foil for about 40 minutes, then uncover for 15-20 minutes.)
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Ready in: 2 hr. 30 min.
Like us on Facebook to receive more food & wine, entertainment and culture news.