hThe following recipes, created by Lisa Huff, appear on SnappyGourmet.com.
1. Cannoli Cookies (Snappy Gourmet) -Not a very authentic Italian cookie, but a fun twist on the cannoli, an Italian pastry. Full of flavor including ricotta cheese, orange, pistachios, and chocolate chips. These cookies have been going crazy on Pinterest, so check it out.
2. Wine Cookies – Ciambelle al Vino (An Italian In My Kitchen): Light and crunchy Italian cookies made with wine! Can’t beat that, right?
3. Florentine Cookies (Culinary Ginger): Lace cookies made from chopped almonds, orange, and vanilla with a chocolate filling. I need these in my life!
5. Amaretto Tricolor Cookies (Karen’s Kitchen Stories): Also known as Neapolitan cookies or Italian Rainbow Cookies. The most common version is red, white, and green to represent the colors of the Italian flag, but check out this fun version with Amaretto.
6. Italian Lemon Cookies (Growing Up Gabel): These cute round lemon cookies, are frosted and covered in sprinkles. Such a fun Italian cookie!
Editor’s note: ISDA’s “12 Days” run from Dec. 14-Dec. 25 to promote Italian and Italian-American traditions, art, literature, stories and more. Per the Christian calendar, the actual 12 Days of Christmas are celebrated from Dec. 25 to Jan. 5.