Tradition, history, family and philanthropy have defined ISDA since 1930. From our old school brick lodges to our 21st-century digital tools, we unify millions of people every year to preserve and celebrate our Italian American heritage.
We've also built ISDA Financial Life, the country’s largest Italian American-owned Life Insurance, IRA and Annuities provider, which operates without salaried officers or shareholders—enabling us to provide leading financial security for today’s generations, and tomorrow’s.
Ultimately, we’re the most impactful Italian American organization in the U.S., a distinction gained by promoting what matters most: the Italian American community and its influence on U.S. culture over the last 140 years.
ISDA strives to bring Italian Americans together to:
- Celebrate our heritage through social activities and events
- Preserve Italian American traditions and culture
- Promote a deeper understanding of Italian studies and the Italian language
- Recognize various Italian American achievements and contributions
- Support the work other Italian American organizations, including NIAF, with whom we have an affiliation
As a 501(c)(3) charitable entity, the Order ISDA’s Cultural Foundation proudly serves the greater community by providing:
- Engaging opportunities for children with special needs
- Financial assistance for young adults seeking education
- Support for seniors
As a 501(c)(8) financial service provider, the ISDA Financial Life offers members:
- Financial security through life insurance policies
- Opportunities for financial growth and sound investment through annuity programs, including traditional and Roth IRAs
All of our financial offerings are provided at highly competitive rates to young people, families and seniors alike.